A new photograph taken within 3 months must be submitted when applying for a new application.
A matte or semi matte finish (non-reflective) in high resolution is required for hardcopy submissions.
Photo size must be 35 mm wide and 45 mm high with no borders, your face measuring between 25 mm and 35 mm from chin to crown of head
Both printed photo and digital photo must be the following requirements:
- The background of the photo must be white.
- There must be an even brightness in the photo. There should be no shadows on the face and background.
- Facial expression must be neutral and closed mouth is required.
- It must be clear, sharply focused, and free of pixelation.
- A full view of the shoulders and hair is required.
- Taken without wearing any hat or other head covering, unless you habitually wear a hat or head covering in accordance with your religious or racial custom. If any such hat or other head covering is worn, the photograph must still be a full frontal view of your head and shoulders, showing your facial features in entirety with eyes open and clearly visible
- Head gear/attire must be dark in colour against white background.
- Show you alone with no chair back, toys or other persons visible
- About the eyes:
- eyes open with no hair across and/or covering the eyes
- Eyes must be fully visible
- The lenses of the spectacles must be clear and untinted so that the eyes are clearly visible.The frame shall not cover any part of your eyes. Tinted glasses and sunglasses are not allowed;
- A non-coloured contact lens should be worn and red eyes should not occur
- Facial features must be taken at full frontal view. Eyes must be looking at the camera.
- Flipping or distorting a photo is not permitted.
- Digital photo must be original without alterations using computer software or mobile app.