Your photos or digital images must be:
- In color
- Paper Photo Head Size
- Photo must be 2 inches by 2 inches
- Height of the head (top of hair to bottom of chin) should be between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inch (25 mm - 35 mm).
- The eye height should be between 1 1/8 inches and 1 3/8 inches (28 mm - 35 mm) from the bottom of the photo.
- Digital Image Head Size
- A head image must cover between 50% and 69% of the total height of the image, including hair.Eye height is measured from the bottom of the image to the level of the eyes, which should be between 56% and 69% of the image's height.
- The image pixel dimensions must have a square aspect ratio (that is, the height must be equal to the width).Minimum acceptable dimensions are 600 pixels (width) x 600 pixels (height). Maximum acceptable dimensions are 1200 pixels
- View the Photo Composition Template for more size requirement details.
- Taken within the last 6 months to reflect your current appearance
- Taken in front of a plain white or off-white background
- Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera
- With a neutral facial expression and both eyes open
- Taken in clothing that you normally wear on a daily basis
- Uniforms should not be worn in your photo, except religious clothing that is worn daily.
- Do not wear a hat or head covering that obscures the hair or hairline, unless worn daily for a religious purpose. Your full face must be visible, and the head covering must not cast any shadows on your face.
- Headphones, wireless hands-free devices, or similar items are not acceptable in your photo.
- If you normally wear a hearing device, or similar articles, they may be worn in your photo.
- New visa photos no longer allow eyeglasses, with the exception of rare circumstances when eyeglasses are necessary for medical reasons; for example, a patient who has recently undergone eye surgery and wears eyeglasses to protect their eyes.In these cases, a medical professional/health practitioner's signature is required. In the event that the eyeglasses are accepted for medical reasons:
- An eyeglass frame cannot cover an eye.
- Ensure that eyeglasses do not have glare that obscures the eye(s).
- There must not be shadows or refraction from the eyeglasses that obscures the eye(s).
The digital image must adhere to the following specifications:
|The image dimensions must be in a square aspect ratio (the height must be equal to the width). Minimum acceptable dimensions are 600 x 600 pixels. Maximum acceptable dimensions are 1200 x 1200 pixels. Please review passport and visa photo requirements for specific dimensions.
|The image must be in color (24 bits per pixel) in sRGB color space which is the common output for most digital cameras.
|The image must be in JPEG file format
|The image must be less than or equal to 240 kB (kilobytes).
|The image may need to be compressed in order for it to be under the maximum file size. The compression ratio should be less than or equal to 20:1.