|Passport picture size||Width: 7 cm, Height: 10 cm|
|Digital photo for online submission||Yes|
|Digital photo size||Width: 1653 pixels , Height: 2362 pixels|
|Photo Paper type||matte|
Ireland SPSV Driver Licence/Taxi Licence Photo
In Ireland, the SPSV (Small Public Service Vehicle) Driver Licence, also known as the Taxi Licence, is a requirement for individuals wishing to operate a taxi or other public service vehicles. One essential component of this licence application is the photo.
Three identical colour photographs not more than 6 months old must meet the following requirements:
1. Size and Format:
- The photograph should be in color and printed on high-quality photo paper.
- The dimensions of the photo should be approximately 10cm by 7cm.
- The photo must be a full-face shot, with the applicant facing the camera directly.
- The background should be plain white or light grey.
- The photo should be clear and not digitally altered or retouched.
- The applicant's head must be uncovered and visible in the photo.
- Only head coverings worn for religious reasons are permitted; hair bands are prohibited
- Sunglasses should not be worn. Tinted glasses may be worn for medical reasons, in which case the eyes must be fully visible.
- No military or police uniforms
3. Expression and Quality:
- The applicant's expression should be neutral, with the mouth closed and eyes open.
- The photo should have a good resolution and sharpness, with no red-eye or shadows.
- The image should be printed with sufficient contrast and natural skin tones.
- The photo should not be damaged, creased, or folded.
If you want to make passport/visa photos for other countries, click the button below.
Make Passport/Visa Photo for Other Countries
Make sure someone takes your passport photo for you. Selfies are not accepted. Make use of your tripod if you have one. By using a tripod, you will be able to keep the camera level and steady. Ideally, the person should be around 1 meter away from the camera.
Face a bright window or the door when taking a photo. In this way, shadows can be avoided on the face and in the background. It is essential that the face is evenly lit. Ensure that the face is free of shadows and glares.
Note: You do not need to worry about the background, since our online passport photo generator will automatically do it for you.
Uniforms should not be worn. Put on regular street clothes for your photo.
Eyeglasses should not be worn. You should remove any sunglasses, tinted glasses, or glasses that you wear if you are taking a passport photo.
Ensure that your face is fully visible. Make sure your hair doesn't cover your face or obscure your eyes. In the case of very long bangs covering your eyebrows, pin them back with bobby pins. Although it's better to show your ears as well, that won't stop your photo from being accepted.
Passport photos don't allow hats unless they're religious headgear such as a headscarf or yarmulke.
Face the camera straight on and look straight at it. Avoid tilting or rotating the head.
It is important that the shoulders are visible, and there should be enough space around the head to crop the picture.
Make sure the camera is at the same level as the head.
It's okay to smile in your passport photo, but the government prefers you to have a neutral facial expression.
Under the new international passport rules, it is usually not acceptable to smile or have your mouth open.